Wednesday 8 October 2008

TRAIN ON THE TRAIN

Monday Morning 6th October.
It's a slippery slope this Self Enquiry malarkey. It started off with a few drops of lavender oil in my bath because I was feeling a bit stressed, and now I'm writing a blog about Parabrahman and ego elimination. Commuting is great. An excellent place to train. The practice I use is to send everyone love. Every agitated, angry, sad, happy, beautiful face love. I shared this technique with one of my Italian Guru's - The Iron Goddess - she asked even the ugly ones? Even the ugly ones. If you do it right they no longer become ugly. I was practicing this on Monday morning because an angry man reminded me by shoving his very sharp elbows into my ribs. I sent him love, he calmed down. I sent the rest of the carriage love and all was well. I was remembering Thursdays experience, rooted firmly in the past, trying to figure out how I did it. Going through the head knowledge. It points in the right direction, makes me feel safe.
It is just a decision. Do or not do, there is no try.
Ping!
I woke up again. Lovely. Walking out of Liverpool St. Station seeing it for the first time. Such detail. The McDonalds selling it's wares 24/7 - no attachment, no aversion. Wonderful peace.
I got that wanderlust feeling again - wanted to roam London just to experience it from this perspective. No attachment, no aversion. But the mind immediately jumped on that want and told me that would be utterly foolish and to snap out of this nonsense. You are right Keith. I can feel this anywhere. So I carried on as usual, observing myself go through the motions whilst Keith sulked and subtly worked his black magic to bring me back into the world.
It didn't last as long as the evening session, more distraction, more forms jostling for attention, more ego provocation. I'm definitely getting the hang of it though.
Spring forth from the Great Earth; Billow like Great Waves; Stand like a tree, sit like a rock; Use One to strike All. Learn and forget! - Morihei Ueshiba