Monday 13 October 2008

PERFECTION

Guru Basil is a perfectionist. He was getting frustrated with his Lego. It was his 5th attempt to get the truck roof to stay in position. It just kept coming unstuck. He gave in and asked me for help. I followed the instructions and after 4 attempts Keith was telling me to throw the truck in the oven and turn the heat up to gas mark 8. 'That will make it stick!'.
I decided to apply life lessons to Lego. I went back several pages in the manual to see if the foundations were sound. Sure enough a tiny brick acting as a key stone was missing. That in place and all was well.
Guru Basil finished playing with his Lego and bought me the Meccano... I suggested we went for a walk to the park instead.

'Return to that source and leave behind all self-centered thoughts, petty desires, and anger. Those who are possessed by nothing possess everything. ' - Morihei Ueshiba