Thursday 30 October 2008

HENDRIX

Guru Jimi was telling me this morning how he likes to stand up next to a mountain and chops it down with the edge of his hand.
I know how he feels.
He once told me that he has been imitated so well that he has heard people copy his mistakes.
Jimi has made some beautiful mistakes, I am so glad he didn't get it right the first time.
I was trying to copy Hendrix last night on my Epiphone Les Paul. I can't get anywhere near his mistakes.
Jimi laughs at this, as he finds he can't get anywhere near my mistakes either. And not just the musical ones.
Keith says I should be using a Gibson at least and not a cheap copy, and that anyway Jimi used a Strat. If you must use an Epiphone use the vintage FT79 acoustic guitar that Hendrix used for songwriting in the late 1960's, that was sold at auction in 2001 for $77,000.
I refuse to blame my axe.

'I don't give a fvck if you boo, as long as you boo in key... ' - Jimi Hendrix.