Friday 10 October 2008

TAKE NOTHING PERSONALLY

2 weeks ago 5 year old Guru Star had come around from surgery. Her withered kidney was out and all was well. I joyfully told everyone and the messages of relief and kind wishes came flooding back. Then I received this one:
'Before you tell me how your child is, tell me how sorry you were to hear that mine died.'
I phoned to offer my apologies and to explain it was not my intention to cause pain. I listened to a torrent of abuse and anguish, bile, defamation, contempt and condemnation. Keith was telling me to retaliate and defend, to say all sorts of things to stop the tirade. Shut up Keith and help me send her love, can't you hear her pain?
Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. All people live in their own mind, their dream, they are in a completely different world to mine. If I take things personally then I make the assumption that they know what is in my world. I have no right to try and impose my world on theirs.
“If the end result of Illumination is Love, Compassion and Humility,
What if we were to do that now?’ Robert Adams.