Monday 24 November 2008

SERVICE

It is extremely rare for an individual to give up identifying with the body and be of service to everyone. Mother Teresa and Ghandi are two names that spring to mind. Oh yeah and Bono.
Another name for service is love. Not the claustrophobic you are mine to the exclusion of all others human love, but all encompassing Devine love.
Whenever I have done something to help another with out expecting anything in return it has been an almost absent minded service, no thought involved, just a compunction to be there for that person. I have always been amazed what an incredible feeling of happiness I derive from it. The benefit to me has always out weighed the potential hardship of being there.
Why don't I do this continually? Like Teresa and Ghandi.
I don't believe I'm good enough. I don't believe in myself.
How can I make your life better today? That is how I should greet everybody.
Best make a start, I've wasted a lot of time.

'The Art of Peace does not rely on weapons or brute force to succeed; instead we put ourselves in tune with the universe, maintain peace in our own realms, nurture life, and prevent death and destruction. The true meaning of the term samurai is one who serves and adheres to the power of love. ' - Morihei Ueshiba