Friday 28 November 2008

EXERCISE

Guru Monty has decided to join me for morning exercise.
He woke up early and grumpy. He wanted to be held as he is only 2 years old and likes the security.
Don't we all? Nothing wrong with having security, it is the wanting it that causes the suffering.
The problem was I wanted to exercise. So I did both. I held Monty and tailored my routine to incorporate a giggling bundle of glee.
We had a lot of fun. Bouncing up and down, running on the spot, stretching, swinging, ducking, diving.
He has joined me three mornings in a row now.
Now the problem comes now when I try to leave for work. He wants to come. Tears and clinging, pleading to go with me. I hand him back to mum.
And leave.
That is the hard bit.
I ask mum how long he cries for after I leave.
About 2 seconds and then he is off playing music or starts colouring.
Life goes on.

'Daily training in the Art of Peace allows you inner divinity to shine brighter and brighter. Do not concern yourself with the right and wrong of others. Do not be calculating or act unnaturally. Keep your mind set on the Art of Peace, and do not criticize other teachers or traditions. The Art of Peace never restrains, restricts, or shackles anything. It embraces all and purifies everything. ' - Morihei Ueshiba