Monday 17 November 2008

REINCARNATION

I had a dream. In this dream I was a hermit meditating all day long.
A great sage came by my spot. He was off to see God. So I asked him to ask God how long I would have to sit there until I was enlightened.
When he returned he told me to look at the big, leafy tree I was sitting under and to count the leaves. That was how many life times I would have to reincarnate before I became enlightened.
I grew angry. I had been meditating all my life. I thought sod that! I don't even believe in reincarnation, I didn't the first time I was here. So I got up and went into town to get drunk and chase some skirt.
The next moment I was under the tree again meditating and the great sage walked by, off to see God. I asked him to ask God how long it would be until I was enlightened.
When he returned he told me to count the leaves on the tree again, and that was how many life times I would have to reincarnate before I became enlightened.
This time I jumped up and down with joy and shouted,
'Thank you God, just one tree!'
I woke up laughing.

'The techniques of the Art of Peace are neither fast nor slow, nor are they inside or outside. They transcend time and space.' - Morihei Ueshiba