Monday 10 November 2008

INSTRUCTORS

I like to click on this grid http://omlc.ogi.edu/aikido/talk/osensei/artofpeace/index.html
for inspiration once a day. Today I clicked on:

'Instructors can impart only a fraction of the teaching. It is through your own devoted practice that the mysteries of the Art of Peace are brought to life. '

This is something I keep coming back to recently.
You can read up on a subject until you are a walking encyclopedia, you can have all the head knowledge in the world, but eventually you have to apply it, you have to experience the subject.
This is the problem of the world, so many people reading and talking about it, few actually doing something about it. This has always been the worlds problem.
What did I do today to get myself to realise the Truth?
Did I sit and moan about something that happened 30 years ago?
Did I read a newspaper and tut at man´s inhumanity to man?
Did I sit and 'relax' in the evening by watching someone else's problems on a soap opera?
Did I go to the pub and get slightly high on European fighting lager?
Or did I sit and use the mind to conquer the mind?
Did I ask the awkward questions?
Who am I? What is this world?To whom do these thoughts come? What am I? What is my relation to the world?
Did I let the answers come to me? Did I try to control the answers, so that they conformed to the answers that I had read about?
Or did I sit and wait?
Ask the questions and sit in the silence.
ve decided to give myself a treat and to see if Guru Ueshiba has any advice on what I have just written, so I clicked on the grid once more:

´It is necessary to develop a strategy that utilizes all the physical conditions and elements that are directly at hand. The best strategy relies upon an unlimited set of responses. '

Spot on again! I am now going to post a random quote from the interweb, this one from random-quotes.com:

"I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence.There's a knob called `brightness', but it doesn't work." -- Gallagher --